Treatwell Pet Care and the Mobile Veterinary Services of Ottawa are now up and running, and we’re very happy to finally be able to serve the pets and people of our community!
So what does starting a mobile vet practice look like? Well, we recently found out it involves countless tasks, hours of hard work and, of course, inevitable bumps in the road.
Here is a glimpse into our last few months…
- Painting and cleaning our new office
- Learning the ins and outs of driving a hybrid (what, no key? It’s so quiet, is the engine really running?)
- Ordering and unpacking supplies
- Meetings with drug and food reps to get our customers set up with the best products
- Learning new software (ugh), setting up new software (ugh)
- Organizing housecall kits
- Chatting with our fabulous neighbour Luigi (Need a haircut? Check out Lorusso Hair Salon!)
- Getting our tires slashed (really?!?!)
- Did I mention ordering and unpacking supplies?
- Passing our initial inspection (yay!)
- Going out for Ramen to celebrate (double yay!)
- Wondering what we forgot, and realizing we’ll soon find out
Elwood performs like a star during his first in-home consultation.
Through all of this, our office has started to take shape. Since we’re a mobile service we won’t be seeing patients on site, but it’s still important to have a place we can call home. There’s still a ways to go, but you can see from the before and after picture below that things are coming along.
Our base of operations before (left), and on the way to after (right)
While doing the behind-the-scenes work to get this business set up has been rewarding, we both really miss our furry patients.
We’re keen to get out there where we can see more of them, and deliver innovative in-home pet care to the dogs and cats of Ottawa. We look forward to seeing you all soon!
Mike & Connie
The Treatwell Team